In my previous three tips, I laid out the main reasons websites fail:
1) You are not making it obvious that you are the solution to your customer’s problem
2) You’re wasting the four seconds you have to get your message across
3) You are failing to connect with your audience.
Now here’s the biggest mistake of all:
YOU DON’T HAVE A WEB SITE.
It is no longer a luxury to have one. It’s a necessity. Millions and millions of Americans are surfing the web every day. They are searching for you right now, and they are not going to find you.
Yes, you can make the mistakes above, you can fail to market your site, you can do any number of things to make your website useless or actually turn people away. But the biggest failure of all comes from waiting too long get a website and not having one at all.
Waiting for your book to be published, your store to open, your products to be ready or your material to be completed is a mistake successful comapnies don’t make. They start their marketing BEFORE they are ready to go to the market. That way they’ve gained the traction they need by the time they are ready to start selling.
A VITAL EXCERCISE FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DON’T HAVE A WEBSITE
1) Open a web browser on your computer or mobile device.
2) Go to your website.
3) When you don’t find it, make the shape of a pistol with your hand and pretend to shoot yourself in the foot.
21Thirteen Design has helped authors, speakers, coaches, experts, entrepreneurs and small business owners just like you get on the road to success.
Don’t make the biggest mistake of all and do nothing or wait until it’s too late. We’re here to help you now. Email us at email@example.com or call us at 646 808 0249 to get the help you need.
In our next post we’re going to talk about the final big mistake, so stay tuned. You need this information.