We talked in our last post about how important it is to tell people right away WHAT you do and leave the HOW until later. People don’t know what the solution is, they just know what their problem is. Figure out what their pain is and then tell them you can solve it.
HOW TO FIND YOUR CUSTOMERS’ PAIN.
You’ve probably heard about how important it is to address your potential customer’s “pain”. What IS the problem they are trying to solve when they go looking and find your website? Do you know what it is and what the variations may be? Are you addressing it right away?
Here’s a great tool to help. It’s called the Keyword Dominator Tool. Google has what may well be the largest database in history. More importantly, they have stored the questions people ask when searching for ways to solve their problems.
Google has a little trick you can use called a “Wildcard”. A wildcard is an asterisk, and Google will fill in the “blank” represented by the asterisk with words and phrases other people have used in their searches and on their websites.
USING THE TOOL TO FIND YOUR TARGET AUDIENCE PAIN
1) Figure out who your target audience is. (If there is more than one, make a list). Let’s say it’s “Consultants”
2) Go to http://www.keywordtooldominator.com/k/google-autocomplete-keyword-tool – it’s free to use threee times a day without even signing up.
3) Type in “How to * as a consultant” and click the Search button.
NOT SURE WHO YOUR TARGET AUDIENCE IS?
Sometimes you know what you have to offer but it could be for anyone and everyone. What groups are looking for you the most?
1) Let’s say you can help people succeed at whatever they do.
2) Go to http://www.keywordtooldominator.com/k/google-autocomplete-keyword-tool
3) Type in: how to succeed as a * – there are 245 results!
Once again, when you have found your potentail customer’ pain, tell them you can solve it right away. Google will pick that up right away and remember your site with that information. And don’t tell them all about HOW you can solve it – just enough to make them want to contact you.
Need help with a website? Need help fixing one? Need help with those other technical factors Google is looking for? That’s what we’re here for. Call us at 646-808-0249 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org